Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life style changes coming fast

Well I had my yearly medical and Dr. Mary says that I am Insulin Resistant. This means that I need to stay away from the sugars and refined carbohydrates. This is going to put a glitch in my sugar binges. I will probably lose some weight too. I was reading last night at work and I need to start some exercising also even if it is just walking or riding the stationary bike.
How she knew this was that my 2 hour post glucose drink blood sugar was 8.8 and should be below 7.8 sooo
the verdict was in. My belly measurement is way passed the 35 inches for females and I by passed the 40 inches for males. soo what else???? BMI---- I think is 36 or 37 some wheres in that range.
Anyway if I do not do these thing now I could end up with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and/or heart complications. The die is cast. antd I am on my way to better eating and exercising.
She is setting me up with the Diabetic Educator, Kay Steel and the Dietitian, Candace Kopec.
I will be doing alot of reading and investigating myself too.
I will be back in a while and hopefully with good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment